Mickey Mouse Giant Cupcakes

I've been asked a few times how I made my sons Mickey Mouse Birthday Cupcake. So Here It Is. I looked on Pinterest as always for some ideas on how I wanted it to look.  note: this post will only be on how to make it look like a Mickey Mouse cake not on the actual recipes I used for the cake. (if interested in the recipe leave a comment bellow).

First you will need to melt the red candy melts into the silicone mold ( make sure it covers the entire bottom piece). Then you want to let it cool down. I put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes and then gently removed it from the silicone mold.

You want to make your cupcake now you can use any recipe you'd like. After you have that done you also want to make some icing/frosting to coat the cake and add the black fondant to it, so that it sticks better. Using the Wilton Baking Roll And Cut Fondant Mat and the Rolling Pin you want to smooth out the fondant to make it cover the cake (you want this as thin as possible). After you have it smoothed out on the cake just pin it down to the mold you made of the candy melts and cut out any excess fondant. 

For the ears you want to take your 9m round cookie cutter and your left over black fondant and roll it to about an inch in thickness and use the cookie cutter. Make two pieces of it and put in the freezer for about 1 to 2 hours ( if you could leave it over night even better). Now you want to roll out the white fondant to make the buttons, I used a bottle cap to make the size of it; took a toothpick and added the details to the button. Add some water so it sticks and your set.

The day of the party I just attached the eats and used a tooth pick for extra support .



Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.